|Incorporated As a City:||September 13, 1909|
Gunnison Main Street Project
Gunnison Clock Tower Project
Click here for Donation Form
About the Tower:
· 35 feet high
· Four 4-foot diameter illuminated clocks
· Carillon Bells– rings at the hour and quarter hour with countless tones and patterns
· Noon Bell - will replicate the Sugar Factory Whistle
· Built by the esteemed Verdin Company, Cincinnati, Ohio
· The Clock Tower will be a Landmark for our City for the next 200 years
· Crowning Jewel of our Main Street Beautification Project
· This magnificent tower will create a point of interest and add significance to our downtown district
· Symbolic Importance - no other clock of its size and stature in the Intermountain West
· Ongoing community effort since 2009, when funds raised from Sesquicentennial Events were earmarked for a large clock tower to help commemorate our valley’s history.
· The hourly chimes will connect the people of our community in time and space.
· The tower will stand as a lasting tribute - honoring the past, saluting the present and inspiring the future for all Gunnison Valley Citizens.
We need your help:
· Please consider a generous donation to this historic project and have your contribution publicly recognized with the placement of your name in a bronze plaque. What a great way to honor a family, business, individual, or organization for generations yet to come.
· June 1st is our deadline to raise the remaining funds. The Eccles Foundation has pledged a generous 100% match up to $50,000 for every dollar donated from private donors - individuals, families, civic organizations, and businesses. However, the matching funds from private donations must be received prior to June 1st in order to receive the money pledged from the Eccles Foundation.
· June 1, 2013 - Fundraising Complete - Clock Tower Ordered
· September/October 2013 - Installation of Clock Tower on Main Street